Ditcham Alumni Connect
2021 sees the launch of Ditcham Connect, an organisation managed at school by a small team of DPS staff, with the aim to help former pupils, their parents and wider family, and former staff, governors and patrons of the school to keep in touch with Ditcham Park School and each other.
We hope you have fond memories of your time at Ditcham Park School. This new area of our website – which will build and develop as the months progress – is dedicated to you,
Our sincere hope is that in the coming weeks and months of 2021/22, as we celebrate the 45th Anniversary Year of the School’s founding, that you will wish to get involved and reconnect for the future.
In our view, your connection with the School does not end when you leave, whether you were a pupil or family member, member of staff or a governor or patron. You will always remain part of our Ditcham family and we would love to hear from you. Please use this site to contact us as well as to find out about forthcoming events and reunions. There are a variety of ways to register your interest, click here for our contact details.
Ditcham Connect – Our Aims
As part of our plans to develop our alumni community, the Ditcham Connect team will:
- Establish and organise a regular and scheduled programme of School Reunions and get-togethers, whether in person at school or online. Our programme of events can be accessed here.
- Welcome and host former pupils individually or in smaller groups, for tours of the school where they are unable to attend an organised group reunion.
- Create and develop Ditcham Connect social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn so that each member of our alumni can keep in touch, and engage and contribute, by their preferred means online.
- Produce and distribute a termly Ditcham Connect newsletter to keep you up to date with news at the School and provide a place for you to share your own news too. Submit your news that you would like to share by emailing email@example.com.
- Develop a Ditcham Park Alumni Gallery, online and in School.
- Provide opportunities to establish and develop Professional Connections enabling our community to connect with all generations for former pupils and staff, to help them seek advice and progress with their career.
- Facilitate and host Past Staff Association meetings when requested. The Past Staff Association is co-ordinated by Mrs Alison Chapman who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Involve our Ditcham Connect Community in our School, in the present and in the future by our “Give Back” programme.
The School is very keen to stay in touch with all past pupils and staff, and to utilise your expertise to help today’s pupils or our most recent leavers/newest alumni. Many of you have already agreed to be ‘on call’ to return to school to give talks, present prizes and be part of the new mentoring scheme and we invite others to get involved:
- Our current pupils would love to learn from your experiences and benefit from your help and advice. We aim to provide opportunities for alumni to contribute via Visiting Speaker programmes and involvement at Careers Events and work placements.
- We aim to facilitate opportunities for alumni to introduce, employ and offer to act as a mentor to our more recent leavers.
If you are keen to explore any of these options please contact Mrs Mandy Lowe, Alumni Relations Officer in the first instance.
- Establish “The Ditcham Park Paddy Holmes Foundation” during the 2021/22 year to commemorate the 45th year of the school’s foundation. This foundation will provide a vehicle for former pupils, staff, or other friends of the school to donate to the School’s future in a variety of ways for the benefit of future pupils, including life-changing bursaries or involvement in future Ditcham Park facility developments.
- Establish and develop the Ditcham Archives, with opportunities for former pupils, parents, and staff to contribute memories or memorabilia from their time at the School. If you would like to be involved with the Ditcham Archive or have any items to donate or memories to share click here or please contact email@example.com.