Ditcham Park School’s Aims, Mission Statement and Ethos
- At Ditcham Park School our mission is to nurture and encourage each child to learn and progress within a supportive environment so that our pupils develop into confident young people who go out into the world with the skills and desire to improve it.
- Our ethos whereby ‘Every child is Known and Valued’ is founded on outstanding pastoral care, excellent teaching and an all-round approach to education.
Ditcham Park School’s Aims
1. Identify and develop each child’s interests and abilities
All children are unique and have a distinct blend of abilities or intelligences. We aim to find the best in every child through an ‘all round’ approach to education and by identifying and developing their abilities whether they are academic, sporting or in the creative arts.
2. Promote Academic Excellence
We seek to inspire within our pupils a lifelong love of learning by creating a culture of innovative, dynamic and progressive teaching which ensures that, as our pupils learn, they are excited, curious and, like their teachers, passionate about their interests.
3. Provide an environment where pupils are happy and where they can flourish
We believe that our relatively small size helps us provide outstanding pastoral care so each child is known and valued. Our physical environment, situated on a beautiful 16 acre site in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, positively influences behaviour and encourages an appreciation of our natural environment and encourages a sense of well-being.
4. Prepare pupils for the future
We aim to provide our pupils with the academic qualifications, knowledge and skills, including technological skills, to equip them for Further and Higher Education and to take full advantage of the opportunities provided in our Digital Age. We aim to develop self-confident young people with Christian values, a growth mind set and the desire to shape the modern world for the better.
5. Connecting with the Community
We aim to develop strong links with our parents and the local community. We believe that an education at Ditcham Park School should be accessible to children from the local community.